This is actually great. 5/5 stars.
Weapon FX System (1 Page Addon)
A downloadable OSR addon
This system is designed to be plugged into any OSR game that uses dice of various sizes for weapons. The goals of this system are:
• Give players reason to pick weapons that have smaller damage dice, to expand their options
• Give players rolling low damage a boost as a form of comeback mechanic
• Add tactical depth to combat
Any time a player rolls a 1 on a damage roll, they inflict damage (1+modifiers) and choose one of the listed effects to activate.
If a player is unhappy with their damage roll, they can spend 1 Control to either reroll the damage dice or set it to 1. Control is a weapon stat and resets every encounter/combat.
In order to download this OSR addon you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this OSR addon at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you can't justify paying the price, fetch yourself a free Community Copy. These have already been paid for by others.
- Standalone System incomingJun 28, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
This is dope. I will be integrating it into OSR games that I run going forward. And I'm looking forward to your expansions!
I’m going to be expanding this idea as I get new input. Things I’m working on are:
- Weapon Switching during combat (basically spent Control is deducted from any weapon you switch to)
- Magical Spells as Weapons
- Ranged Weapons make -1 Control, but requiring Ammo gives +1 Control
- Additional Damage Dice cost 2 Control
Tell me what you need to make this work!